Saturday, January 22, 2011

Not To Say That I'm Ready For All Of This.

First of all, I'm Bitsy.  I'm not sure if you're supposed to say who you are when you plan on talking a lot of smack about a lot of things, but I'm naive.  Or I pretend to be sometimes.  But I'm Bitsy, and I go to school at Purdue University.  I graduate this May, and I am absolutely terrified of the big, uncertain, scary world ahead.  I am to be married in June to a man I've been with since I was 19.  We adore each other.  I'm not scared of that sector in my world.  It's nearly the only thing that keeps me sane.

I work about thirty hours per week at a cluster of radio stations in town.  If I have to work there after I get married, I'm pretty sure that I'll find a way to get fired, kill myself, or kill someone else.  After five years, I just can't do it anymore.  And it's not that I dislike who I work with.  My coworkers are pretty stellar - even if they can be lazy and take naps in the afternoons when they are supposed to be selling advertising.  They think we don't know, but we know.  The trouble is that the guy who owns the company only knows about making money and not so much about ethical and moral decisions concerning his employees.  The decisions that he's made over the past years (and especially over the past couple of weeks) have made me sick more than once.  But his son is awesome!  It's unfortunate that daddy won't pass over the reigns.

I am at school full-time, and I love school.  I'm good at school.  But does being good at school guarantee you'll get your resume looked at by future employers?  Not in this dumb economy.  Not with all these dumb employers who can't even send out an "I'm sorry, but you're not what we're looking for" letter after you completed their dumb two-hour survey about the dumb position.

I play in a band called The Shake Ups, and though I love it, I'm not sure if I'll continue it after I graduate.  I might not stay in the area.  AND!  My guitarist, who is in three other bands, isn't sure he'll be able to come to my wedding because he has a gig.  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!  That seems like a perfect incentive for me to move to Indy after I graduate, doesn't it?  Makes staying in the band and trying to figure something out seem real important.

I write/direct/produce and am the talent for a show called The Almost Weekly Show on YouTube. Here's my favorite episode last season:


I'm currently - with the help of my mother - planning for the wedding.  These are the shoes that I think I'm ordering:



Aren't they so lovely?  Classy, but fun?  They are a little over budget, but I think I'll purchase them with my paycheck as opposed to the wedding fund.  Which is going...fine.  Saving money sucks.  Especially when I'm poor.  But even more especially because I like to buy all the pretty things.

You can find me here:  facebook.com/bitsymatatall
Here: twitter.com/bitsyshakesitup
And here: youtube.com/thealmostweeklyshow
And other places, but that's it for now.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the shoes! Thank you for the kind comment on my blog and you go right ahead and be a follower!

    You sure do have a busy life!! It is hard out there right now, but you sound like you are going in the right direction and that is an important thing! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all of the big stuff happening in your life! I am glad that you enjoyed my printables and the cupcake bags from my birthday party.
    Keep dreaming big! I look forward to reading more about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world Bitsy!! Totally cute wedding shoes, so damn the expense! I can't wait to share your new awesome blog with my followers

    ReplyDelete