Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blaring Mumford & Sons sometimes isn't blaring enough.

Let me recap the devil that was Tuesday:
6:45 a.m. - Wake up late for my 7:30 class.  Decide to partially shower anyway.  (a partial shower is exactly what it sounds likes.)
7:24 a.m. - Park my car about a 10 minute walk away from campus.
7:24 a.m. - start jogging
7:25 a.m. - start wheezing
7:26 a.m. - start dying
7:26 a.m. - stop jogging
7:31 a.m. - enter class and try to figure out what the teacher is teaching for the next hour.
8:20 a.m. - head to the library where I spend the next two hours reading a book and writing a reflection for my class at 10:30 a.m.
10:21 a.m. - get coffee
10:30 a.m. - enter class and worry (halfway through class) that I have started my period 
11:46 a.m. - make it to the bathroom.
11:47 a.m. - sigh in relief
12:00 p.m. - grab lunch, sit in the Purdue Union, and work on work for work (notice that I can use the correct version of p.m./a.m. at noon?  I didn't have to google or anything.)
1:30 p.m. - enter class and try to figure out what the teacher is teaching for the next hour.
2:27 p.m. - meet Kevin at St. Tom's for our pre-marital Catholic counseling.  (Did you know there is a "big C" and a "little c" when you're Catholic?  And that C's are important?  And that if you don't like your "little c," it's hard to appreciate the "big C," but in my opinion, it's all the same anyway.)
3:45 p.m. - hold hands with Kevin as we walk over to Purdue.
3:50 p.m. - kiss him goodbye.  (AAAAAWWWWW - shut up!)
4:00 p.m. - begin practicing my speech in an empty classroom that I have to give at 4:30 p.m.
4:02 p.m. - get interrupted
4:02 p.m. - continue
4:30 p.m. - enter class and watch kids give speeches not-very-well and watch other kids have heart failures during the midst of their speeches
5:00 p.m. - not exactly "nail it"
6:00 p.m. - start the filming of The Almost Weekly Show for this Friday
7:30 p.m. - leave for band practice
8:00 p.m. - band practice (with new PA that sounds extremely badass.)
11:15 p.m. - get home.
11:17 p.m. - get in bed.
11:17 p.m. - fall asleep.

Yesterday, needless to say, I slept in until about nine thirty when I forced myself to get out of bed.  Since my immediate boss, Judy, had to work in the morning, she said it was cool if I slept in.  [As an aside, I LOVE Judy!  (She is one of my best friends - even though she is my boss and is older than my mother.)  I filled her office with balloons on her birthday this year, and here are pictures:

 
But yes, I love Judy, and we will be friends forever.  She is probably the most open-minded, loyal, goofy, caring, friendly, fun person I know.  Everyone loves Judy, though, but I like to think she loves me best!  And back to what I was saying...]

When I got to work, I started to feel more and more sick.  Guh-ross.  I ran up to CVS a purchased come Day/NyQuil.  That stuff makes you feel like your brain is full of cotton balls, and no, I do not believe that NyQuil helps you sleep through the night.  I would've needed a tranquilizer last night.  Today, I am resolved to not use that crap.

The radio blog show thing turned out well-ish.  We will have to see how it goes, but I was so inappropriate that I'm not sure how many "real life" friends I'm going to tell about it.  I mean, honestly, I said things that I would never say.  I even lied several times about myself, about my opinions, about people I work with, about people from the Midwest.  Then again, I guess since I'm lying while being extremely inappropriate, if I was telling the truth about some of the numbnuts I work with, I could tell them I was lying if they ever listened to the show.  ...things to consider.

And!  Just as another aside that I won't fully explain, I hate when people want to interact with you just because they need something.  Yeah, uh, we don't need to get together and waste each other's time if you just needed me to get you a cheap stapler.  Why don't you just call me and say, "Hey, can you still get staplers pretty cheap?" and "I'll say yes," and you'll say, "Can I get one?" and I'll say, "Sure, can you grab it from work tomorrow?" and that will be that and we won't have to pussy foot about the fact that you're only keeping in semi-contact with me so that you can get something.  I'd rather the honesty than the greasy feel of your "networking."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting on Calamity Kate's Kitchen. Your awesomeness has been noticed! Check it out at Friendly Friday!
    http://www.calamitykitchen.com/2011/01/friendly-fridays-week-january-21st-to.html

    ReplyDelete